Nov 3, 2005

Point of no return….going back home.

Saturday is the day of goodbye. On Friday I already said goodbye to Tito, Tara and Martina, today I have to say goodbye to Christina and Maia. After breakfast I do some last packing and walk all my stuff down. Christina calls a taxi for me and when I almost get restless (again) maia asks me to sit with her. At a quarter past eleven the doorbell rings and the taxi has arrived. Another quick goodbye and I am on my way to the airport. It takes a while to get there. It seems like the taxidriver is showing me the whole town, but I don’t feel like looking at it. When it is sure I have to go I really want to go home, not just hang around. An hour later I am dropped off at the airport. This tour costs me 43 pesos. Nothing!

After checking in, paying taxis, going through customs, check my email for the last time and check in for my first flight to Sao Paolo. Lunch is good. Chicken, with rice and some warm vegetables. After getting off the plane and hanging in a chair for about an hour (and walking around the airport for four times) I walk over to another Dutch girl and asks if she is waiting for the same plane. She is. And we talk for the next four hours. About her parents (one from Netherlands, the other from Uruguay and her dad is working as a consult at consulates around the world), about her job, about mine and about travelling, stomachs which kill and eczema. Before we knew we had to check in. The flight home was ok, bit bumpy but at least now I finally know what the movie Mr & Mrs Smith is about (it took me a month) and I have seen A lot like love and I slept pretty good (about 5 hours) on my self made music playlist.

At the airport I made a quick call home to find out if I had to go home alone, or that someone would pick me up. As we had a delay of an hour when we left (they had more people checked in then there were in the plane, but in the end we were with enough people on board so we could go. Luckily they added some extra kerosene so we could fly faster and make some shortcuts (don’t ask me how we did that, I am just telling what the microphone told me)) San was just arriving as I walked home. So the lucky bird could walk straight back to the train. The way home I just kept talking. At the trainstation in Apeldoorn, my dad was waiting for us to take us home (EMst) for some more talks and some food.

Around nine I was pretty much death (and home) and a bit confused about how to feel. If it was good to be surrounded by my own stuff, or wanting to take the first plane back. While thinking about this I fell asleep…

No comments: