Apr 9, 2006

In between dreams...

Do you know that feeling, that you wish you were in one situation but you life in another, and from one moment in the other (okay, with some wine in your blood) a dream you had one day comes up...
This dream I had like five years ago, I was living in some subtropical surrounding. With beautiful wooden windowprotectors to keep the sun and heat out and some dark wooden furniture. The room I saw wasn't like one I was dreaming, but it felt real.
I was working over there, and I had to move for my work. And for the people who know what is going on the last few months, I am not in Argentina (at least I do not recognise it like that) and I am living on myself, not together with someone.
And some dreams can feel really real (like that one time I was dreaming I was really pregnant and I felt my big belly and I woke up sweating and I had to watch myself to be sure I wasn't preagnant) and some feel like it is ment to be....
And how do I come to this? No clue, I am just trying to find out what to do...going for a small sabbatical to South America, or not and I remembered this dream and the wise message someone told me....
You should not dream your life, but you should live your dreams as long as they are within reach...
And if I go from there, taking a sabbatical leave..that is within reach. It is scary, but I hear from a lot of people that the possibilities in the Randstad (for me Amsterdam) are pretty good and will only get better the next few months... so no worries for work when I get back.. what is keeping me from not spreading my wings for a last time?

No comments: