May 21, 2006

Watching horses by the sea - Friday

i Watching horses by the sea was the plan of this weekend. But as rain was falling out of the air on Thursday I thought that watching some polo players wasn’t going to happen on friday. When I was hanging in the train towards Kruiningen, Anna gave me a ring and told me the plans where off. The grounds were soaking and it was way too windy. All kinds of equipment was flying around. Oh well, just visiting Kruiningen and hanging out is nice as well. At one o’clock I arrived in Kruiningen where Anna picked me up in her new car and we drove to her house to have a drink and to rethink our plans.

Okay, Plan B. Shopping in Goes. As I have never been into Goes (except for one evening when it was already dark) it was a new experience to go there (can put it off my list :-)). It is a nice little village. It looks really nice with the old houses and no high buildings. Guess I do understand why people love to life over here. We did not a lot of shopping, but I bought a nice shirt. And we had a nice drink and a bit later dinner.

Although dinner was nice it was not a lot. We wanted to go for tapas, but it were not really tapas (maybe this is why the woman who write down the advertisement by Tappas) , and we should probably have settled for some extra bread and chips. But what we got was nice. After dinner we went back home and sat down with the family to watch a movie on the television. And I just have to say: Harrison Ford stays creepy, dirty and brrrrrrr… (I believe we watched The Fugitive).

Around half past one we went to bed. It was still windy and raining like hell, but I missed it all, because I just fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
picture: El Tortugas Country Club , 3th of October 2005 , Pilar - Argentina,

4 comments:

Anna said...

just visiting Kruiningen is nice as well

lol! Dat klinkt wel erg grappig, wetende hoe stom dit dorp is. Maar ach... Het was gezellig. En Goes is idd knus. Zelf ben ik het natuurlijk gewend, maar nu jij het zegt, dringt het dan weer tot me door.

ERG jammer dat we geen polo hebben gezien. Dit plaatje trekt me toch wel.

Liselotte said...

volgend jaar is het op 12 mei...zet het vast in je agenda!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»