Jun 9, 2006

World Cup Soccer- comments games played on Friday and Saturday

Germany - Costa Rica 4-2

I thought it would be 2 for Germany and 0 for Costa Rica. But to my surprise Costa Rica was able to score two times and Germany "only" scored four times. Don't get me wrong, four is a lot, but it wasn't that Costa Rica was camping around their goal... and only a two goals' difference (I got that right)! Strangest thing of the game: the defence of Germany...where were they (I mean it was pretty soon obvious that there was no serious defence at the Costa Rica side, but not at the German side came kind like a surprise...
De Argentine Three did an overall good job.
Poland - Ecuador 0 -2
It just wasnt ment to be.... Pour Poland. It seemed so easy, but 'we should not forget that Ecuador had a nice serie in their way to Germany (although they played on an enormous hight in Ecuador). And wanted to fight! The game was okay, not that exciting. Most memorable moment...the faces of the fans of Poland after the second goal of Ecuador. Totally flabbergasted... not knowing what to say or how to look!
Total: Well I was right that Germany would win, but with different numbers and Ecuador who wins where I thought it would be 1-1....
England - Paraguay 1 - 0
Four years ago I was cheering for Paraguay, I really thought they should get on to the next level, and I wanted the same for them this year. But within 4 minutes Beckham was able to get a right angle at the ball and score. And making it even worse a few minutes later when some replay showed it was an own goal. Sucks. But there were also some nice things. It seemed that some Englishmen were nice to look at. The game was a bit harse and in my opinion it seemed that the refferee was a bit in favor of Paraguay. I will be closer to the telly next time. Today I was trying to stand the heat outside.
Trinidad&Tobago - Sweden 0 - 0
I guess most people were pretty sure that T&T had no chance to get anywhere, but the Swedish coach had not the guts to let his team play with its most suitable eleven and so they had to swollow a bitter pill. And the carebean will be swinging tonight! When we look just at the looks... Sweden here I come, most of them may be blond, but they looked pretty nice!
Argentina - Cote d'ivoire 2 - 1
Maybe some Argentine men do not understand why women like Crespo, I certainly do! Although I had all my point (WC game) on Riquelme, I think Crespo did a better job. And probably Saviola even better.
Right after the first part I was a bit shocked, because it was really nice to see that both teams gave each other space to play, but they were both so good! Especially Cote d'Ivori could speed up enormously. What would the Dutch team do about that? But in the socond part, with Argentina on a save 2 - 1 win it got boring and slow... Till Drogba scored in the 83th minute. And all of a sudden everything and everybody was back in the game. But it ain't gonna make a difference. Amair (finally) is getting in the team, but there is no need for that, because one minute later the game is over. 2 - 1 for Argentina.

No comments: