Oct 18, 2005

17th of October a whole day on the road

Yesterday and today busy trying to reach a hotel in El Calafate, but no way.... In the meanwhile my alarmclock went of at a normal time today. At eight I left the hotel on my way to the airport. One of the guys of the hotel seemed to follow me everywhere, and gave me a kiss (the typical kiss on the cheek) when I left. Bit strange, at least that was what I thought, but whatever. Up to the next destination. At 11.30 I arrived at Buenos Aires and had to say goodbye to the Dutch couple and went on on my own. The next couple of hours I walked around over the airport trying to reach an hotel in El Calafate, checking e-mail, havinf lunch and stretched my legs outside. At 2.55 pm I had to check in again and went into the air for the second time. In front of me and beside of me there were to very in love couples, and that did not made my mood any better, but the sights outside which got rougher and rougher did some good.
Around six I arrived at the airport of El Calafate. In the middle of nowhere and 15 degrees colder than Salta...Just 9 degrees...brrrrr. But the Lago Argentino looks really cool, really blue and really cold. The moment I put my feet to the ground I tried to make contact with hotels again, but still no line. I let one of the village people try and they did not get contact as well... too bad. I decided to get a taxi (together with some American guy who was without hotel as well) and went downtown El Calafate. Prices are way up here, but the hotel I found is nice.
After checking in I went to the organisation that arranged my stay at an estancia. As I am still a bit in a lonely mood, I decided to do crazy and book the all inclusive at an estancia for three days... Three days away from everything... Really away from everything, because there is no phone and internet overthere and electricity is only there in the morning...
For the people who are really curious where I will be...google Nibepo Aike on google and scroll down till you find their own website (it is on the end of the first search page as I remember well). In the evening of the 24th I will move on to Trelew...and I will try over there to contact you guys again
Take care!

No comments: