Oct 18, 2005

Salta Well shaken (not stired)

at 5.15 am my alarmclock went off, at 5.45 I left the hotel and at 6 we were on route to the mountains. Together with a Dutch couple (it was really good to talk Dutch again) 2 English people (old), 2 French speaking Canadians, 4 Portuguese and some Spanish speaking people we went by truck to the first stop. Breakfast. As soon as we got out the truck (they had to rebuild it for breakfast) we were cold. The thought that they would open up the roof and we had to stand out was killing. After breakfast they did open the roof, we got some ponchos and we went up (I have a picture of that and as soon as I can show you, you wuill print it out and everytime you feel shitty you can look at it and laugh your pants off) Offcourse we did not bring anything to cover the head, so the hair looked pretty nice after 10 minutes....and with more then 12 hours to go....) First thing were all the different colors of the mountains, then a graveyard (the traintrail killed a lot of people ) and some of the most ugliest houses. I would really never want to live over there! Slowly we were getting up and the second stop was at 3100m. I was still feeling sursprisingly well....besides feeling cold and the fact that I had to spray some suncream. Around one we were at 4200 m and had another stop to make some pictures of the gçfamous brigde. After that we went with the way home. At Torres something, a little place of which I forgot the name, we went out for a light lunch. Soup, chicken with rice and potatoe and some strange but ok desert.
At three we went on to the ruines of Tastil. On the way there we had a nap (that was not a free option, it was told)The start of a little climb at 3200m. I really should start working out more! But it was pretty cool. Only the way to get there had some places where you could look down a bit to far... As we were running late, the crew decided to rebuilt the truck at 6 in breakfast style and serve our snack on the road. Really funny eating and drinking when you are getting well shaken, especially when you get red wine.
Because of the strong wind and the sun (at least I guess) I started to get an headache and was really happy to be at home at nine..... the tour was pretty cool, but I don´t think I have to get back to this part of the country. It is not really my thing7style.... Pictures will follow later (I guess when I am back in BA)

No comments: