Oct 26, 2005

Buens Aires on a sunny day....

Back in Buenos Aires and a sunny day, no better moment to start walking around in Sa Telmo to watch some antigues. I really like the lights (kroonluchters) and wish I could take them home (but they are almost as big as my new appartment). IPretty soon I found nice souvenir for my sister, but I first wanted to look aroud a bit more. As son as I started walking around more I forgot where the nice shop was. It took me like 3 mopre rounds theough San Telmo befor I found it back and realised why I did not write the streetname down, it was just at the most important plaza, so I figured it wuld be no problem to find it back.
After that I walked back downtown and had some warm lunch, checked my email and posted the pictures you see below. After that I walked to the plaza at the end of Florida Av (like Kalverstraat in Amsterdam, but than twice as long) to make some pictures and looked around to fid out why the Lonely planet was talking about it. Almost immediatly somebody of the red cross jumped on me, starting to tell about everything that weas there todo arund the place and then asked for money. He wanted like 30 pesos, but I thought that wuld be a bit to much, so I gave him some small money and took off before more people wuld come to talk to me. Next time I have to be even ruder to get rid of them before they start talking.
In the meantime my stomach started to kill me again so I decided to go homewards again and take a little nap, before meeting with tito. We would go for dinner,but as I still wasn´t feeling 100% we went for a sall bite at 10 pm. Pancakes with ensalada de frutas y crema y (ice, i forgot the spanish word) And after that bedtime......

No comments: