Oct 7, 2005

Friday the 7th of October; time is flying

It is amazing how fast time is passing by. This city feels good, I guess could spent a lot of time here. I think it helps I am taking classes, it brings some rhythm in your life. Yesterday evening I spent dinnertime with the family and other hosts. It is hard to follow the stories, but I think it is getting better every day. I can understand already a lot of words, but the moment I figured out what four words mean, they are already talking abut the next subject. It is the best way of learning a language I guess .... This morning I had a small conversation with Carmen, the maid. She was totally happy that she can communicate with me. She loves to talk and she keep telling the other guests and the family they only should speak Spanish to me, so that I learn quicker.... well, I am happy when somebody is speaking English to me. After four hours of classes in Spanish, you can drag me away.
This morning I have been downtown again. Today I went just walking around and noticed a lot of homeless people. and cats. Well, the homeless look the same as in Amsterdam. The cats in the parks surprised me. There are also a lot of dogs around here. In the morning you see dog walkers walking around with like at least 5 dogs each....
Last subject....fruit. People seem to eat a lot of fruit over here. A lot of times as dessert. The only strange thing is that they put sugar on it (in a fruit bowl).
Well, I guess I have to find out which way is the way to school (I travleled with Subte this morning, because that is just the easiest way) and find a nice place to eat. If there is somebody to help me get my pictures online, I will place some pictures online...otherwise you just have to wait..... (it just doesnt seem to work)

No comments: