Oct 6, 2005

classes and that kind of stuff

Today, Gonzalo(one of the teachers) thought I was starting to do better. As soon he was starting to tell me that, I had no clue what he was talking about. Bit embarrassing, but wehat the heck, I knew before I went here that I suck when it comes to learning languages. Well you cant have it all :-) Tomorrow I will have classes of Pablo again. I do really not feel comfortable around him. I just don{t have a clue what he is talking about. So I guess I should study the whole evening.... well, if nobody is going out for a drink....
Today I went downtown. Lots of high buildings with old buildings in between. I had to head home early because I was wearing the wrong kind of shoes (my feet are killing me right now), but I have seen a totally different Buenos Aires.
Yesterday I was talking to Tito and I actually found out for the first time that Dutch cows are pretty famous over here. They crossed them with Argentina cows and that are the cows that provide milk. There is even one milkcan (melkpak)with Dutch girls on it (I didnt see it yet, but one of the teachers told me...in Spanish off course, and after repeating it for six times in English). The meat over here is delicious. We had a discusion if it wouldn{t be better to use the Dutch cows for milk and the Argentina cows for meat. Here they use only like thirty percent of their capicity. It would probably be cheaper and the cows seem to be healthier up here....
Well, I think I will go on. It is teatime so I will go for a little snack (read dinner, but everybody else is taking a snack, I just eat heavy at lunch and light the rest of the day, or a heavy lunch and some meat as snack as well)
Chao!

1 comment:

Liselotte said...

het is trouwens wel grappig dat een van mijn klasgenoten, die oudere vrouw uit londen, een vlucht zo spoedig mogelijk naar huis te boeken....ik vind het hier namelijk behoorlijk veilig, maar zij vindt het een enge stad. Ik denk toch echt dat Londen enger is....maar wie ben ik