Oct 6, 2005

Wednesday the 5th of October: La boca

Today early classes because we want to go to a soccergame this afternoon. The bus is already getting normal and it seems that the cold turkey feeling of yesterday did actually some good for my stomach. I can eat...a bit. At school classes don´t even go that bad. Although we have to write a little story, which is kind of hard. When classes end at 1.30 pm, we (two Dutch, a german, and two Swiss) go to the soccer match. First we eat pizza at a typical boca Junior bar and at three we leave for the game. It is amazingly busy, especialy when you think it is a working day. I don´t know what he capacitiy of the stadium is, but it must be a lot. The game is one big song (if you want to hear the song, I won a CD with bocasongs over lunch...so pass by and I let you hear)Everybody is siging, clapping there hands and jumping. The soccer here is much quicker than in the Netherlands, there were some brilliant actions,the players fall easier (schwalbe) but the attacks are much harder (and no yellow or red card, the yellow cards that were givin would have been red in the Netherlands and the other yellows were for almost killing the refereee after giving yellow). Though Boca was playing against the last one in line, they only one with 2-1. It was almost watching ajax. Missing that much chances....

After the game back to the bar to get our bags (we had to leave them over there). The neighborhood of Boca is pretty creapy. It did not feel really safe. The street with all the colors is nice, but that is like the only nice part. When we took the taxi back to the school (I know my way from there) we had to lock the doors and close the windows. On my way back I bought some food. I think I could life here easily, although I should get used to eating times, because I am really upsetting people to eat dinner at 6.30 pm, that is teatime.

Back home at 8.30 I eat a quick snack (advocado) and while I am eating that the guys are getting home. I still have to get used to the kiss. Pablo told me he went to another pologame and that one of the guys over there asked him if he wanted to ask me out for a date. Unlucky me, it wasn´t a nice guy (really irritating, a PR guy that does not have real friends) SO I told Pablo no...I believe he thought that that was a smart choice. I did some more talking to Tito and when he went out for dinner with his dad and sister (around 9.45) I went up to do some reading.

The maid told Tito that he should only talk Spanish to me, so that I would learn quicker, so that I could just ask in Spanish what I want. Because I was looking for a plate in the kitchen and I couldn´t find it and I did not have my schoolstuff wth me, so I could not look it up. It is funny, she is talking all the time to me, but I have no clue what she is saying...

No comments: