Oct 25, 2005

whalewatching, part two

Punta Norte is the place you see on tv when they show orca attacks. Unluckily they were not there when we were there. I heard some stories of other travellers who have actually seen the orcas just three days before I went there. A pity, but maybe next time better! When everybody started to get freezing cold and got enough of the sealions (or whatever they were) and the seaguls and the little birds, we went back in the car and drove to punta delgada (estancia elvira) to have lunch and see some more sealions, sheeps and some kind of relative of the lama. lunch wasnt really my thing, but that was probably because of the homemade chorizo with a bit to big pieces inside that made me start thinking of what part of the animal it came from... I think i finished 3-4 of it when I decided I had seen anough of it. The rest of the food was actually good. After that we started to walk around to see more sealions and that kind of animals and get a taste of the landscape (when I am back home I will post some more pictures) While walking around we got the good news the harbor at Puerta piramides openend (we were supposed to go whalewatching in the morning but the wind was to strong and we just had to pray the wind would turn.
About one hour later we arrived at the port and we got dropped in a boat of tit bottazzi. A big tractor drove the boat into the sea and while doing that the guy told us it would be hard to see any whales because there was a strong wind and with this kind of winds they prever to stay down and only come up to breath. Luckily we saw like three grown ups and free kids swimming around and were able to take some pictures. At the most diserable moment my battery went down and I just watch one of the smaller ones just rolling around. Furthermore no playing around of taleshowing, but it is amazing to watch this animals so close to you. (like 20 meters or so).
After this two hours (which felt like 30 minutes) we went back to shore and went back to Trelew. At around 8.30 pm I irrived there, just in time to catch a phonecall. After that I went to an internetcafe, had a quick small bite and went after doing some more phonecalls to bed around 11.30 pm. Tomorrow tonino watching

No comments: