Oct 25, 2005

23th of October, watching penguins and dolphins...

today the excursion had to start at 7.30 am, but because of the elections (and they have to vote over here, not really a free choise to do or not to do) we only took of at around 10.30 am (again they were like half an hour late, but this time i did not worry about it) We went first to watch toninos, or small black and white dolphins. This excursion was optional, but now I am here I can just see if I can find any of this animals out there on sea. So for the second day in row I sat down in a boat to take off. It took like forever till we found the small dolphines (grown ups are like 1,5 meters) but it was really nice to watch them. They were unbelievalbe quick, so it was impossible to take picutres of them. I tried three times and after that I just watch them jump at the tale of out boat and see them swim below the surface pass underneath the boat.
After another two hours at sea we went back and took of the see the penguins at punta tombo. It was a bit strange that they were not going to stop anywhere for lunch as it was already two oclock when we arrived at punta tomba. Up here there are an amazing amount of penguins. Just everywhere you look they were. You almost had to look out were you were walking... Yesterday we saw like 20 of them, but here there are thousends! We walked around for two hours just surprising about the amount of them and how used they are to see people passing by while they are stretching, walking and keeping their eggs warm.
On the way back we went to Gaiman to have Welsh tea. After a whole day without real food (we all shared some cookies, but that was about it) this just was too sweet. There were like 6 different kind of sweet pies and some scones and pieces of bread with jam. I guess it was anough for dinner as well, but I felt like I really had to check if all my treeth were still there and my stomach just turned around by seeing any other piece of cake. Glad not to be an Argentinian Welsh person!
After that time to go back home again, were I arrived around nine. I went out to download some pictures, but that took me like a million years (you saw some of them before). I guess i will download the rest of them when I get home and post them afterwards, just by region, so you all can enjoy Argentina!

No comments: