Feb 13, 2006

Silver for Sven Kramer (Olympic update nr 3)

The 38 year old Bart Veldkamp had the honours to open the ball of the 20th Olympics when we are talking about speed skating. His season sucked till now, but his race was pretty good.
Roljer started with his really strange handgloves against Seatre. While their race was still going on I heard the voice of Mueller still in my head.. The first points are for Norway (the way the pairs start)... Next thing that happened was that I was watching Grodum with his strange hand ...It looks good on first hand but after 3000m he starts to fall apart... for so far the hopes for Norway... When I look up for the next start I can not guess what I am gonna see when the red guy turns around...even my grandpartents do have such a thing on the table...it would have been nice only on the arms and the weapon on the back...but this can not be taken serious.
After the ice preparation two Dutch enter the ice. All of a sudden the Olympic Oval starts to be alive... Sven Kramer starts really well and Carl Verheijen follows. Pretty soon after the start it is getting clear that Sven is gonna win his race. After ending his race it is pretty clear he is not sure it is enough. Soon we will know more because the next race will be Bob de Jong against Chad hedrick. Half way I know enough, Hedrick is gonna kick some ass. Or as he is saying after the race...There is more Chad coming.... Bob de Jong is racing as he looked, not so fast and completely insecure....but no strange moves this time..... Chad beats Sven by 1,72 seconds.
Countdown is starting when Arne Dankers gets his chance to beat Shani Davis in the next race. And he beats him with good enough numbers. Last but not least Fabris and Ervik... Ervik looked pretty goof in an interview saw at the beginning, but while he is skating it seems that the Norwagian are gonna lose the second game...3-1 for the Dutch! Fabris beats Verheijen, which sucks pretty much...
Later that might, Sven is getting happy with the color of his medal and I will make some preparations for a day of painting and watching some speedskating of the women.....
When we get an interview with the winner, Chad Hedrick, and he tells about his grandmother who died to that day exaclty 13 yeaes ago I was wondering if he told that for the story, or that he really gave him extra power. I think I saw some emotion in his eyes, but I guess we will never know.....
PS: wat een fraai achterwerk heeft Sven Kramer!

No comments: