Feb 13, 2006

Wust smiles, Groenewold cries...(Olympic update nr. 4)

The second of speedskating is the first day for the ladies. Who will be the next Olympic champion at the 3000K? Will it be Klassen, who says to have some difficulties with the pressure, or one of the german ladies? Or will it be rokita or Sablikova who surprise the world? Or maybe the Dutch?

As Wendy is helping me with painting the house I do not really watch the races till I see I lot of people getting crazy after IreenWust's race. I have seen some parts of the race of Moniek Kleinsman and as usual she is skating like shit..it seems she is only able to skate normal in Heerenveen. The next race, the German ladies are racing each other) I help Wendy getting her bike inside (as it is snowing and she can get a ride). When getting back, Ireen Wust is still number one.

The first race I can truly watch is the one of Groenewold against Klassen. Klassen, who is truly not my favourite, starts really quick and Groenewold goes to fast to try to stay close to Klassen, but in the end it is Groenewold who is the first one to cross the finishline. But when she looks up and realises it is never gonna be more then silver and she kind of breaks. And although silver id beautiful and great..... but it gives her color that she is angry and diapointed with it...

last race is between Hughes ad Sablokova. Pretty soon it is clear that the Dutch are number one and two....

Maybe the most funny part of this day is the banner:

As finishing touch
God created the Dutch

No comments: