Jun 8, 2005

English update: Soccer and tennis

As if breaking my pretty head over all HIP stuff (see http://hipwomenworldwide.blogspot.com//) in the world today and in history isn’t enough, I am going to bore you guys with lots of news about Argentina. I even made a new blog for that : liz goes Argentina . I always, ok almost always, read a lot about a country or city before I go there (Munich is an exception but that city is really not interesting and there are almost no books about Oslo, or at least not that I know about) And as I am not planning carrying 20 kilo of books with me, I thought it would be smart to write down the interesting websites and places to go, and as I was doing that I thought it would be even smarter to place the information on the internet. Now I don’t have to take anything with me (accept the lonely planet, I cannot go without one). So, if you wanna see where I am going, or at least where I want to go, check that side in three months or so. If you wanna how expensive/cheap Argentina is, there are already quite some links with information about that and lots of other stuff.

Back to the things that happened the last few days. Anyone watched the soccer match Netherlands – Romania? Well, I did. I don’t know if anyone is a huge fan of Ruud van Nistelrooy, but I really do not see why we are playing with this guy. Without him lots of heart patients would sit way easier and they don’t have to worry about that guy that is just standing somewhere alone waiting for a ball to pass by, or see him miss a huge change. I know he can be brilliant, but I have never seen him doing the things that he is doing for ManUnited in a orange shirt (Dutch national team) I mean, if we kick Davids, Seedorf, van Bommel en Kluivert out of the team, we can throw him out as well. They all have there brilliant moment and they all are not on there best in the national team. The ones that actually were pretty good are: Arjan Robben and Dirk Kuyt. And most of the others played pretty stable as well. It really is a pity I will miss the match Netherlands – Finland, but I guess I will read enough about it.

Last Sunday I watched my first and last tennis match of Roland Garros (just forgetting the women’s final, because I fell in sleep half way and woke up at the end of the second set). But it was a good one. The first and the last set were nerve breaking. I was almost screaming and applauding at home, wishing I was sitting there (which would be a total disaster, because I never can shout up at moments you really have to shut up). The second and third match I used to read a bit about Argentina and check out Nadal and Puarta (hey, they guy is Argentine….I have to get an idea what kind of men are walking around in Buenos Aires) and their play. I really wished I started to watch a bit earlier (and that was already before the check, I am not that supersticial) But I always have that with Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Well, this for now. Next English update is some days. Ciao!

No comments: