Oct 23, 2005

20th of October...the day after...enjoying landscape Pategonia

Weather is getting better. I notice as soon as I get up. I have breakfast alone and at 10 am I go for an horseackride with Ian and Carlos the guide. We just go for an hour but is a nice ride again. After the ride we have lunch in the restaurant and have a real asado. Basicly, this means eating lamb. Lots of lamb, and that at 1.30 am. If we finish the first little BBQ the guy tells us the ribbs are comming up. As we ate all 4 peaces of meat each, we think he is kidding, but I few minutes later we know he isnt...so more meat. The lamb is really nice, but the knowlegde i saw it running yesterday at the hillsite, makes it a bit less....
After lunch the irish couple is leaving and at 3 pm I go for a ride together with Carlos and a new (Irish ) guest Kevin. In the beginning it all goes pretty well. My horse is enjoying the walk and Kevins horse is way slower, but following. Than, at 1-3 of the ride his horse knows a quicker way home. It happens a few times and it keeps Carlos busy (jumping on and of his horse, running after Kevin) half way we bump in some grazy cows and Carlos and Kevins horse think they have to work with the cattle and try to take off...funny to see and I just follow a bit slower. From that point on it all goes well again and we return safe home.
The next hour I am enjoying tea in front of the fire (my cup on my armchair...really great) abd then go out for another walk, to jump over some little streams and walk some hills. At night we have dinner and Kevin meets the Doyles. Although they are very positive, Kevin thinks they are complaining a lot. Lucky guy that he just arrived now and not yesterday! After dinner I am tired and go to bed. Soon after the house is quiet...

No comments: