Oct 23, 2005

21th of October....Last day at the estancia...

Today my last day at this wonderful place in the world. I think it is one of the most beautyful places I have ever seen, but somehow it does not look that impressive at pictures. In front of the estancia you can see mountains with everlasting snow on their tops. Just in front of the mountains is this beautyful lake and if you walk up the hills just behind the estancia you can see that the lake is changing in another lake, because the color is different. The mountains behind the estancia go up 1000 m, and are pretty steep. When you walk up (or by horse) you feel like a gaot. When you are at the top of the hills (which I did not try, because that will take you 2 hours) it is just 8 more kilometers to the Cilean border. Well, I will post some pictures as soon as possible. At 9.30 I go for an last hour of horsebackriding. Carlos tries to have a small conversation, but when I finally understand what he is asking me, I have no clue how to translate the answer....and that was the end of the conversation.
When I get back I do some packings and start a small walk again. This time to the lake. While walking I see the gaucho{s busy with the cows. Nice to watch and to hear them. The different kind of animals around here are amazing, today I saw some parrots, skunk (again) and a lot of big birds.
Lunch is perfect again and after lunch there is time for one last walk up the hill, to enjoy the sunshine (it is almost warm today, around 15 degrees), watch the gaucho{s and see some tourists that visit the estancia for a few hours. At four I have to say goodbye to this little piece of heaven that made me very happy and made me forget time and everything else (almost everything else) I hope I can come back here one day.
Around nine I arrive in Trelew and go to the hotel. Here I find out that they misspelled my name with one letter(just from a email) and did not accept the message from the travelagency about my excursions of the two day s after...And the guy does not speak one word of English. Happely the manager lives closeby and he helps me out by calling the travelagency and the touroperator that will take me. Around 10.30 I am still calling around and a bit before 11 pm I am sure that they will pick me up at 6.15 am and that we will arange all the other things when I am in Puerto Madryn. After this I make a phonecall to Tito and go to bed a bit after twelve....

No comments: