Oct 4, 2005

Monday third of October: first day in class

I woke up around six and stayed in bed till around seven. Took a shower (they have like a rain shower, getting a lot of water, really lovely) and went down for breakfast. I asked Christina if it would be ok to call a taxi on the street. The next minute I was running up to order a taxi by phone, because that was smarter to do (actually, I was running up for the phonenumber and she called) and I left the house around 8.15. Around 8.30 I was at school. A bit early so I walked around and came back ten minutes later. I am in a very small class, together with Particia from Switserland (she is in her thirties) and Corrine (in her fifties) from London. I like the first one, the second is a bit strange. The next four hours they learned as much about Spanish as I learned of French in half a year at school. So now it all slipt my mind and I have to practice tomorrow morning before going to school at two.

After school the three of us had lunch together (at around 2.30. crazy) my first Argentina meat. And it was really good!After lunch Patricia and I went to out to find the Subte to get downtown to Tangol, a small travelagent. I had to arrange some things and this was the quickest way. It took me like two hours to arrange everything, but now the biggest part is arrangend. The difficult part will be the estancias. Maybe I will ask the school to help me calling them, or I will call them myself. From there I walked back (it started drizzling again) to the Subte and took the metro home. That wasnt as easy as thought. I had to change once and had to ask which side to take and then when I came out of the metro I was totally blank on where to hgo. Because the map wasnt to accurate and it took me a while before I found someone who could help me. But I guess I can find my way around. But again, what an amazingly big city this is. I guess tomorrow will be a bit a wasted day as well, but after that I will start walking around and taking pictures. So I guess I will have more to tell soon! (I am getting tired, and it is only eight oclock, I have to wait for dinner till nine thirty. but dinner wont be more then yoghurt, because my stomach is just killing me)
Chao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee lis, na het lezen van je eerste verslagen krijg ik zelf al weer helemaal de kriebels om ook weer een buitenlands avontuur aan te gaan. geniet ervan (maar dat zal je wel lukken)

(oudere mensen die dit soort dingen doen en die ik tegen ben gekomen vind ik eigenlijk vaak nogal vreemd...)