Oct 2, 2005

Saturday the first of October. Departure

Alramclock: 6.30 am. getting out of bet around 07.00 am. Taking a shower and checking the last things. 09.00am San (my sister) is waiting for me and we walk to the trainstation. My backpack feels really heavy, although it isn´t even 15 kilos. Arriving at Schiphol around 11 am. First checking in. First little crisis....e-ticketing....a while later we find out that a passport will do as well to check in. A quick luggage drop and to the panorma restaurant for lunch. I am slowly getting really nervous, but still ok.
Around 12.30 through passport control. Get a full body check...it must be my lucky day. Around 1.30 pm we get in the plane. We should leave at 1.55 but due to technical problems it is getting a bit later. Stress all over. I have 1,5 hour to change planes in Sao Paulo, lot of people have less and need to go through emigration first.
Flight is ok. We have great chairs (this ones with movable headthings, really greats if you want to sleep) and little tvscreens in front of us. It is hard to choose a nice move. After checking the distance to Sao Paul (something like 9785 km) I go for A million Dollar baby (of whatever the movie is calles) I miss parts because I am falling a sleep sometimes, but the end of the movie hits me. I need to watch this one at home without catering every few minutes and English spoken and Chinese or Japaense undertitles.... After that I decide to listen to some CD's , make my own playlist (that already took me forever) and after that I watched Mr and Mrs Smith...or better said, the first twenty minutes. Next thing I saw was a black sreen. I think I slept for some time. Long distance flights are actually ok. After four hours I lose every feeling of time and just sit, sleep and eat.
After arriving in Sao Paulo I had to wait for an hour (we had some delay because of the technical problem) and almost fell asleep on my handluggage. I must have been an attraction in my orange wintercaot and hanging on my stuff, because a lot of people were watching and smiling. At twelve Brazilian time it was time for dinner. As we are speaking about five am European time I got already sick of the smell. SO I decided to let it pass...this for Saturday the first of October

2 comments:

ant on a mission said...

hi-flying-liz!
Lucky you with the body search.. I went to Ibiza last week and all of our group had to take of their boots & even shoes if they had heels. awfully smelly affairs for the guys that work there ;-)

Liselotte said...

lol, I was thinking the same...I was wishing i wasnt saweating too much, bc they searched the armpits as well....