Oct 2, 2005

Sunday the second of October: Hello Buenos Aires

Around 1.25 am I am walking for the second time within 24 hours of a plane. Hello Argentina! I am offically broken and really tired. First through emigration....I got another stamps, finally! ANd some other papers I really should not lose... Next picking up my bag. Came as one of the first (checked in as one of the last off course, because my flight was one from Rio de Janeiro) so I walked out within half an hour after leaving the plane. SOmebody was that nice to get my bag on my back, but the next thing I walked into was a luggage check, so it had to get off again ). so did the belt again. it seemed that I took my own luggage and I was free to go. I run in some taxi guys the next minute and decided to get the cab and call the bed and brakfast where I would stay. The travel to the Bed and breakfast didn´t too smooth... he dropped me in Malabia 814 Palermo, instead of Malasia 841 Belgrano...ANother half an hour later I was at the place to be. At 3.30 am I rolled into my bed, heard the muskoto zoom around and fell asleep....
At around nine my alarmclock went off, I unpacked and took a shower. At ten there was breakfast. Together with a American girl (I forget her name) and Christina the woner. Her two sons came by to say Hi and kiss(it is normal to give a kiss on the cheek over here, glad I did read about that). After breakfast I went to shop for water (biiiigggggg supermarket) and wen into the mall to get some money. For people who love to shop till they drop...start saving money, already in the last two hours a saw a lot of shops! It is a bit difficult to explain what you want as I do not speak Spanish, but with some hand work and getting all different kind of stuff from my back, I am getting around pretty well. Wll, time to get back to the bed and breakfast to discuss live around there. I understood that I can sit around for dinner, which takes places at around 9.30 p.m. (my poor stomach, it is having a hard time already) and I have to find my way to school (guess that will be a taxi tomorrow morning) See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Liselotte said...

PS: the sun is shining, it is a beautiful day!!!

ant on a mission said...

B & B looks really nice! If you are tired and need a treat, there is a big outdoor swimmingpool near the river...